What equipment do I need?
To participate in online therapy appointments from your home, you will need one of the following devices:
(Note: To use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice – available for iOS or Android in the app store.)
You will also need an internet connection that is at least 0.35 mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10-15 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
The day of the call:
Using a smartphone or tablet
If you plan to use a mobile device, here are the steps to join:
• Download Telehealth by SimplePractice (for iOS or Android) in the app store. About 10 minutes before your appointment, you should receive an email appointment reminder.
• Open the reminder email on your device and click the unique link. This will open the Telehealth by SimplePractice app.
• If you don’t have the app downloaded, you will be prompted to download it on your tablet or mobile device
• If I have already joined the call, you will see my face on the screen. If I have not, you will see yourself.
• When you are ready, click Join Video Call. This will take you straight into the video call.
Note: There may be a slight delay for me to join the appointment if I am finishing with a previous appointment. Please be patient and I will join momentarily.
Using a desktop or laptop computer:
If you plan to use a desktop or laptop, there is nothing to download prior to your appointment. Here are the steps to join:
About 10 minutes before your appointment, you’ll receive an email appointment reminder with the link to join your call. Please note that the link to join the video counseling call will only be in your email reminder and not in your text reminder. If you’re set up to receive text reminders, the exact time you receive your text reminder may vary based on your cell phone carrier.
Note: (If you have already consented to receiving text and/or email reminders, you will continue to receive them for video counseling appointments as well. If you’re a new client, ma